CREATING A RESUME WITH THE RESUME BUILDER
1. First, you must create a profile.
2. Login to your LANC Seeker Account.
3. On the navigation bar, scroll over “Resume Center.”
4. Click “Create Resume.”
5. Verify that your contact information is correct.
The Contact Information is NOT REQUIRED. Any field that you do not want to fill out in the Contact Information section you can delete the data.
Click the contact information confidential box, if you want to delete all the Contact Information data.
If you already have a resume, then open your resume.
6. Copy and Paste your Objective. An Objective is not mandatory, but it is helpful for prospective employers to understand your goals. If you do not have an Objective, then leave this box blank.
7. Employment History should be listed in reserve chronological order (from newest to oldest).
For each job that you are listing, be sure to fill in every field. You can copy and paste in this information.
8. In Education History, list the highest degree you have completed or currently working towards first. If there is a field that you are unsure what the answer is, then type in N/A. Be sure to fill in every field.
9. The skills box is here for you to list any special skills, knowledge, or ability that you have that may not be reflected in your work or educational history. You can copy and paste this information into the SKILLS box, or leave it blank if you so desire.
10. This box allows you to save your resume. If you wish to save the resume, then type in a title for the resume, select which folder you want it to save to, and click PREVIEW. You MUST name the file or your resume will not be saved.
11. Click the preview button to see how your resume will be displayed to employers.
12. The Default Resume is the resume all employers will see when they search for job seekers.
Notice that No is automatically selected. If you want this resume to be your default resume, then you have to click the YES radio button. At anytime, you can select which resume will be your default resume.
If you wish to continue editing your resume right now and go back to the resume builder, then Click EDIT.
13. If you are done editing your resume, then Click DONE to save and exit. You can always edit the resume at a later date.
DO NOT hit backspace, because it may cause your data to be lost.
When you are done the following screen will appear:
Clicking the Go Back button will take you to the Resume Center.
UPLOAD NEW RESUME
A. The Resume Builder is the best way for employers to view your resume. Only resumes submitted through the resume builder will be searchable and allow employers to access them without having to download anything. The resume builder also allows you to edit your resume instantly and at anytime later.
B. You can simply upload your resume if it is in a .doc, .rtf, or a .txt format. However UPLOADED RESUMES ARE NOT SEARCHABLE BY EMPLOYERS.
C. Click the BROWSE button to locate the document you wish to upload. Double-click the file. You MUST name the file in the Title field or the resume will not upload.
D. Click Submit & Upload when you are finished.
E. Once your selection is complete, the Upload File box will be filled with the location of your resume.
F. When your resume has been uploaded successfully, you will be directed to the Resume Center. Which will say, “Your resume has been successfully saved!”